This light and reliable cable is made for Digital AES/EBU Audio but can also be used for analogue audio.
Termination is by special tool Crimp – not soldered.
Cable: Canford Audio DFT – Digital Foil screened stranded conductor Twin Cable
XLR Plug: Neutrik NC3MXX-HA-BAG 3 pole male cable connector with black metal housing, silver contacts and crimp termination.
XLR Socket: Neutrik NC3MXX-HA-BAG 3 pole female cable connector with black metal housing, silver contacts and crimp terminationLink: http://www.neutrik.com/en/xlr/xx-crimp-series/nc3fxx-ha-bag
From Website: Features & Benefits:
- Crimp termination with standard B-crimp tool (B-crimp acc. IEC 60352-2)
- Gastight and Solderless connection (RoHS compliant)
- Male connector with improved locking recess without “window”, more stringent housing increases durability
- Female connector with improved solid metal latch which is larger and easier to handle
- Improved chuck type strain relief provides higher pull-out force and makes assembly easier and faster
- Boot with polyurethane gland gives high protection to cable bending stresses
- Colored rings and boots available for coding or identification
- Sleek and ergonomic design – valuable and handy
- Rugged zinc diecast shell, longlasting and dependable
- Branded with unique hologram – guarantees genuine and authentic Neutrik product
Canford Audio FST has long been one of Canford’s best selling products – the perfect installation cable, with jacket + foil single stripping. is the true 110 ohm version of FST, similar in most respects, but with differing insulation materials and lay-up to achieve the required characteristic impedance. As with FST, the foil is glued to the outer PVC jacket, so comes away cleanly during stripping.
|Conductor:||7/0.2mm (0.22mm²) tinned copper wire|
|Insulation:||Foamed polypropylene, OD 1.6mm, red, black|
|Screen:||Bondable aluminium/polyester tape, with 7/0.2mm tinned copper drain wire|
|Jacket:||PVC OD 4.4mm ±0.2mm|
|Impedance:||110 ±10 ohms|
|Max. conductor resistance:||85 ohms/km|